Paid Year-Long Internship Available for the 2016-2017 School Year
Monthly stipend of $100 Reimbursements are available for any internship-related expenses such as printing, postage, phone, or travel mileage. NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut will also work with your school to ensure academic credit.
NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut’s mission is to develop and sustain a constituency that uses the political process to guarantee every woman the right to make personal decisions regarding the full range of reproductive choices, including preventing unintended pregnancy, bearing healthy children, and choosing legal abortion. Internships with NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut are a fun way to boost your resume while gaining valuable experience with a non-profit advocacy organization.
NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut is looking for a creative, upbeat, resolutely pro-choice student to fill the position of Campus Representative. Campus Representatives play an important role in educating and mobilizing their fellow students and community members about the ongoing importance of reproductive rights issues.
NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut prides itself on having flexibility with interns to develop an individualized plan that fits the needs and interests of the campus. Internship possibilities include: issue-based research, educational campaigns, electoral education, and campus organizing.
Responsibilities typically include:
- Participate in the Campus Representative Training each semester (Fall and Spring)
- Organize a campaign around one reproductive rights issue that is relevant to your campus and also relates to prevention of unintended pregnancy and/or sexually transmitted infections including HIV/AIDS.
- Assist NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut in their efforts to promote specific pieces of pro-choice legislation or to oppose anti-choice attacks at the state level.
- Register students to vote.
- Organize an event independently or in coalition in honor of the anniversary of Roe v. Wade.
- Table at campus and/or community events throughout the semester in order to recruit people to sign up for our email alerts (Choice Action Network).
- Work in coalition with other campus/community organizations in order to engage diverse populations.
- Participate in national days of action.
- Participate in regular supervisory phone calls with contact at NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut.
- Complete monthly forms to track campus organizing progress.
- Assist in recruiting and training your replacement at the end of the school year.
This internship spans the academic year and is performed on your college campus and in the surrounding community, depending on the intern’s interests. A commitment to reproductive rights, strong communication and interpersonal skills are required. Interns must be able to work independently with regular (but long distance) supervision and assistance. Experience working with campus (or community) -based groups and/or volunteers is a plus, but not required.
Please email email@example.com your resumé and cover letter or mail it to:
NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut
Attn: Sarah Croucher
56 Arbor Street, Suite 412
Hartford, CT 06106
Your cover letter should address your commitment to reproductive rights.
Contact Sarah Croucher for more information or call 203.787.8763.